ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification. What is it exactly?
· ISO 9001:2015 is the world’s most popular international standard and consists of a set of requirements that form a Quality Management System (QMS).
· The essence of the Quality Management System (QMS) requirements are that they build a framework that can be utilized by any organization to establish and ensure that it successfully achieve it quality objectives.
· This QMS framework consists of defined processes that are governed and controlled by policies, manuals, procedures, forms, work instructions and records.
· An organization that meets all the requirements of the ISO 9001 Standard, that is “in conformance” with the requirements, may choose to be audited by an independent 3rd party certification body (aka a registrar) and be certified to the ISO 9001 Standard.
· The broad nature of the ISO 9001:2015 standard’s scope allows for a Quality Management System to be established and implemented by any organization of any size in any industry worldwide.
· The value of a properly developed and implemented quality management system is that it can control and manage risks to the business. Additionally, the QMS provides stability and reassurance to a business’s operations giving confidence to the organization’s ability to provide consistent quality products/services.