Leadership - The Seven Quality Management Principles
In this second blog post about the seven quality management principles (QMP), we will be discussing Leadership. What is leadership? What effects can leadership have on a business? How do you implement quality leadership?
1. Customer focus
3. Engagement of people
4. Process approach
6. Evidence based decision making
7. Relationship management
So, what is leadership? Leadership is having individuals within the company that set goals, make decisions, and provide direction for the business. Having quality leadership guidelines and leaders is vital to the success and the quality of services provided by a company. It can provide a sense of direction for the company and establish an environment of positivity, trust, and commitment. Having a leader with clear cut goals can drive the company forward toward success. As an article from ISO.org titled ‘Quality Management Principles’ states, “Creation of unity of purpose and direction and engagement of people enable an organization to align its strategies, policies, processes and resources to achieve its objectives.”
There are many benefits that come from having effective leadership. These include having a clear vision and direction of the company, efficiency and effectiveness to quality objectives, communication through the business, and the continual development and improvement of the business to deliver the expected quality. All of these benefits drive the business forward and are crucial for success.
If you are trying to establish successful leadership within your business or fill a leadership role yourself, there are actions that you can take to get there. According to the article from ISO.org titled ‘Quality Management Principles’, these steps include:
· Communicate the organization’s mission, vision, strategy, policies and processes throughout the organization.
· Create and sustain shared values, fairness and ethical models for behavior at all levels of the organization.
· Establish a culture of trust and integrity.
· Encourage an organization-wide commitment to quality.
· Ensure that leaders at all levels are positive examples to people in the organization.
· Provide people with the required resources, training and authority to act with accountability.
· Inspire, encourage and recognize people’s contribution.
Overall, establishing effective leadership in place in your business can make a world of difference. It can have a significant impact on the employees and the direction of the business! In the next blog post we will be discussing the third quality management principle, Engagement of People.
Similar Blog Posts -
ISO 9001 – The Seven Quality Management Principles (QMP)
Customer Focus - The Seven Quality Management Principles